cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid MMS charges when replying - with text only - to emails which contain pictures etc'

Sven-at-41
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I understand this happens when replying to emails when I'm away from wifi and using data. It was suggested this is caused by a setting on my Samsung S10e  - but I can't see where the setting is or what else I can do to stop unintended MMS charges (and this never happened with EE). 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12088 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

Not heard of an MMS being sent in reply to an email before @Sven-at-41 - are you using an app line GMail to reply?
You can send an MMS in reply to a text - see advice in the guide below for avoiding this.

Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 5

Sven-at-41
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi gmarkj and thanks for the reply. Tried the accidental mms guide and got to the edit access point page - but it's all in grey with no 'off/on' ovals at the right hand side and nothing editable - except for the Enable/disable APN line. This line is the only one with an off/on oval but this is set to on with a palish blue symbol which doesn't respond to being turned off. It looks like the edit ability for the whole section is deactivated. No idea if this is by Samsung or O2. Any ideas appreciated.

Message 3 of 5

Sven-at-41
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again,

Just to finish it off re' your not having come across an MMS being sent in reply to an email - the phrase used on the bill (six times last month) is 'Picture message to Email'.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Sven-at-41 

You should speak to Samsung about this. You could ask on their forum or call Samsung direct.

The number is in this link https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5