cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the O2 chapter of the PC police gets **** by the actual police

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I accidentally cracked my phone's screen. I filed an insurance claim with O2, took the phone to a branch store, got confirmation for the scheduled courier pick-up. All nice and sunny. 

That was Monday last week. On the week-end, seing that I had no news from O2, called the store where I'd left my phone (and where I was supposed to pick up the repaired/new phone). No one answered. Voicemail full. Yesterday (one whole week after I'd left my phone there), I passed by the store to find out what was going on. An insouciant employee told me the broken phone was still there, having never been picked up. Hmmm.

Today I called O2 insurance, only to find out the courier had been there last Tuesday, but was told there was no phone to pick up. So I called the store again. No one answered. Voicemail still backed up. Kept calling for like a dozen times. Someone finally picked up. I was angry by now. Before I could repeat all the details of the nice little story, I mentioned that I was calling so that someone could do their "job". The guy at the other end got all loud and menacing, inviting me to come to the store to "tell that to my face". After which he simply hung up.

With little else to do in life, I obviously went and patiently waited for someone to approach me. I told them I had been invited to come in person so that they could apologize to me. It was easy to find out who had talked to me earlier over the phone. It was even easier for every single employee there to decide that, simply because I had said they should do their " job", they would not serve me in any way. None of them had the slightest curiosity to find out why I was actually there, how they had screwed with my life for a week or how they could fix it. 

I was not going to leave, so they called mall security. The two guys that showed up were most gracious. I explained why I was in the store and why I was not going to leave. Not long after, the police showed up. Four of them - two plainclothes and two uniforms. I explained for the nth time why I was there, how there was no reason for me to leave (hadn't been loud, hadn't used any bad language directed at any individual, had kept my cool all along and so on). 

It took the police showing up to get an O2 employe to hear me out - how they'd screwed up, how there is another pick up scheduled for tomorrow, how I needed them to do their job. At the end, I offered to shake hands. I was refused. As for an apology, no whiff of it. I shook hands with the officers instead, apologized for their having been dragged into such a trivial matter, and left. 

A bunch of incompetent O2 employees with egos of 5 year olds and a hyperinflated sense of decorum (the  irony) wasted a week of my O2 contract and half an hour of six security personnel's time. Let's see if the matter will be sorted out eventually. I can't wait to go back to the store to pick up the repaired/new phone and thank everyone for doing their "job". 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Obviously, the O2 forum is just as messed up.

Message 2 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

Which store....?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Obviously, the O2 forum is just as messed up.

Why is that? We are all customers like yourself ...giving free time to help others?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was simply making the point that worrying about choice of words more than about customer service seems at least misguided. And yes, I can appreciate the fact that here, on the forum, it is a machine that ****** me out. I care less about that than about incompetent and disrespectful people hiding behind PC.

Message 6 of 21

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23035 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

If you go into a store, any store, and use foul language, why would you expect anyone to serve you or be courteous to you? It's not their job to be abused verbally.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

No one was abused.

Message 8 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I was simply making the point that worrying about choice of words more than about customer service seems at least misguided.

That's down to the blocking filters on the website....(as it's well known that youngsters can read the forum posts for advice...without actually having to register)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 21

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, I'm Toby, the community manager. Please send me a private message (there's a link in my signature) and we'll have a chat about this and see if anything can be done.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 10 of 21