cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does an o2 insurance claim usually take?

Chipsie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello!

I unfortunately had my phone pickpocketed on Saturday. I put the claim form in yesterday (after a helpful lady took the details over the phone - claim form was v short) and I wondered if anyone has any recent experience of how long it might take for o2 to process and send a new phone. They said 2 working days to review the claim - and they are open on weekends. I literally can’t access things because nearly every app I use wants to send codes to my phone to verify I’m me. 

Also it seems o2 and Apple perhaps don’t even stock the phone I had anymore (12 pro max), not even refurb with the memory I had, will that delay o2 getting back to me or should they offer me a different phone straight away? Eg 12 pro (non max). That phone costs less and I’m still paying off the other phone but I guess I would just have to let that go.

Grateful for any advice slight_smile

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Chipsie 

Insurance companies have stocks of the iPhone 12's but they will be refurbished and don't come out of o2's retail stock. 

Your 2 working days starts today, as a working week to Insurance is Monday to Friday. 

If you havent heard anything by Wednesday I would give customer services a call.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@Chipsie 

Insurance companies have stocks of the iPhone 12's but they will be refurbished and don't come out of o2's retail stock. 

Your 2 working days starts today, as a working week to Insurance is Monday to Friday. 

If you havent heard anything by Wednesday I would give customer services a call.

Message 2 of 4

Chipsie
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much for your quick response! 

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

No worries, have a good week.

Message 4 of 4