cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I access voicemail from South Africa?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in South Africa and can't access my voicemail. None of the numbers given on the o2 website work. I have tried ALL of the following: Calling 901, calling 1780 and calling +44 7802 090 100. NONE of these numbers will connect...or if they do I get an automated voice telling me the number I have dialed does not exist! HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this thread...https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/m-p/547712#U547712

This number should connect? Make sure you dial it in full +447802 090 100

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 18

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
You need to dial your own number and press the * key to interrupt the greeting message, then type in your voicemail 4 digit code.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Also if they are saying they don't exist try putting them into your contacts and dial directly from there... instead of manually inputting the number...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Taken from the link above

Pay Monthly

How can I listen to my voicemail when I'm abroad?
Just call 901 as usual. This will work in most countries abroad. Depending on which country you're in, you'll either go straight to your messages or you'll go to your voicemail greeting. If it's your voicemail greeting, press * and enter your PIN.
In countries where this doesn't work, you'll need to call a different number for your voicemail. Usually this involves you calling your own number, alternatively, call 1780 free from your mobile, or +447802 090 100 once you're abroad. We'll send you a text with the number to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Also, if you are PAYG, you need credit on the phone?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Firstly if you read my initial message you will see that I have unsuccessfully tried ALL the numbers and options offered on the O2 website including +447802 090 100. I am pay-as-you-go but currently have in excess of £14 credit which is more than sufficient. I have attempted to dial my own number but it does not go through to voicemail but just indicates that my line is busy. I have repeatedly tried 901 and 1780 without success. I have even tried livechat but with no response from O2!!!!! I think perhaps my only option is on my return to the UK to immediately change to a better mobile phone company
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
Yes, it does appear that you have tried all options.
Sorry it's not working for you and if you wish to complain to o2 you can find details on this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Firstly if you read my initial message you will see that I have unsuccessfully tried ALL the numbers and options offered on the O2 website including +447802 090 100. I am pay-as-you-go but currently have in excess of £14 credit which is more than sufficient. I have attempted to dial my own number but it does not go through to voicemail but just indicates that my line is busy. I have repeatedly tried 901 and 1780 without success. I have even tried livechat but with no response from O2!!!!! I think perhaps my only option is on my return to the UK to immediately change to a better mobile phone company

I did read your initial message thoroughly...but felt it relevant to post the community link on Voicemail in case there was anything you had missed.

Also I travel frequently and find numbers work best when accessed via your phonebook (as opposed to inputting them manually)

You didn't mention you were PAYG till your 2nd post?

Customer services are your only option then (Not live chat) . Best of luck.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 144558 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27716 Solutions
I don't think there is anything else we can offer - it must be an account issue I suspect?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18