Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone offer

O_dear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I purchased a Sony Xperia 5 ii from O2 on the 2nd of December. I've tried to claim the free headphones but can't as the site say that the offer has finished (even thought the redemption period is supposed to be until the 16th).

The local O2 shop staff say I should be able to claim, however the O2 online chat people say that I 'did not select the correct option' when I purchase the phone.

Has anyone managed to get any headphones, and if so what 'option' did you select when purchasing your phone? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@O_dear 

How to claim them.

Claim free Sony headphones worth £250. Ends 2 December.

Sony WH-H910N Headphones Promotion – Promoter: Sony Europe B.V. UK residents only. Purchase a new Sony Xperia 5 Mark 2 direct from O2 between 12.10.20 and 02.12.20 on any O2 tariff (“Qualifying Purchase”) and claim one pair of Sony WH-H910N Headphones (“Gift”) by redemption. Redeem at www.xperiarewards.co.uk/headphoneoffer (“Website”) and upload proof of purchase and provide all other required information. Participants must redeem between 12.10.20 and 16.12.20. Max. 1 Gift per participant irrespective of number of Qualifying Purchases. Gift dispatched to an address in the UK from 28 days of purchase. See Website for full terms. £250 based on RRP of Gift on www.sony.co.uk and correct as of 27.08.20. Subject to availability, while stocks last. No cash or alternatives. Damaged or lost redemption vouchers will not be replaced. Offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time. Change of mind policy applies to Qualifying Purchase and Gift as a bundle. If you return the Qualifying Purchase without the Gift you will be charged the standard retail price for the Gift. Internet access is required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 14

O_dear
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

But when you click on the link it says the offer has finished.

Message 3 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You normally have to wait until 14 days after buying the phone @O_dear to clear the change of mind period.
Try claiming them on the 16th...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@O_dear wrote:

But when you click on the link it says the offer has finished.

That's a bummer.

Must be a glitch on the Sony website.

Howevr, it does state "whilst stocks last" so maybe all have been claimed.

You'd have to ask Sony that though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 14

O_dear
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes it does, although O2 are telling me that it is either because the offer ended on the 2nd, or because I didn't select something. Both of which seem like nonsense, and contradict what I was told by my local O2 shop staff.

If it was a case of 'until stocks last' then I don't think that O2 should have been advertising the offer if all stocks had gone.

Misleading at best.

Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@O_dear 

It's nothing to do with O2.

The promotion is run by Sony so you must take it up with them.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

O_dear
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Whilst it does involve Sony, to state that it is nothing to do with O2 is not true.

• O2 sold me a phone on the basis that I could, in their own words "claim a free pair of Sony WH-H910N headphones worth a massive £250"
  • I purchased the phone from O2, not Sony
  • O2 are listed in the terms as a qualifying reseller

In my view it puts them both in a bad light. Call me old fashioned but if you couldn't claim because they were all gone, the deal shouldn't be advertised.

Message 8 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
The original reason I joined this forum was because I had a similar issue claiming some headphones after signing up for the Xperia Z1 (7 years ago!!!).
While the offer is on o2's website, the promotion is run by someone else and is just that - an offer, not a guarantee.
Unless o2 are checking with Sony at various points of the day they are not going to know that Sony have run out of the headphone.
I would be getting in touch with Sony to confirm if they have actually run out or if the website has closed early...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 14

O_dear
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes thanks. I have contacted Sony now as I get a different response from everyone at O2 I speak to.

Perhaps I expected too much from two supposed respectable companies. Perhaps I should have done more research if it turns out that they've been up to these sorts of antics for at least seven years.

Message 10 of 14