Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone received a call from 03333216022

Sezzadtd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I was wondering if anyone has received a call from 03333216022 they said they were from o2 and that they will clear my outstanding balance I have on device plan (3 payments left)this ends 27th December and that I could upgrade today to the iPhone 14 pro or pro max ,she knew I had an iPhone 8 and that I paid an extra fee on top of bill for Spotify ,asked if other members of house had pay as you go or pay monthly sims as she could add in extra sims on my plan, a bit confused as I’ve never had a call from o2 since I started my contract in 2019

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Sezzadtd 

Smells like a scam, and sounds like a scam, and sounds like its from one of o2's 9(un) trusted partners.. 

Block and report the number via 7726 and check her https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages 

Also dont give any OTP numbers etc to anyone even o2

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Sezzadtd 

Smells like a scam, and sounds like a scam, and sounds like its from one of o2's 9(un) trusted partners.. 

Block and report the number via 7726 and check her https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages 

Also dont give any OTP numbers etc to anyone even o2

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 16

Arasheed
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 114 Posts
  • 15 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Even if they have your details which you thing noone else could have, you have to understand that they have their ways. Report the number asap to 7726

Message 3 of 16

Sezzadtd
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much I will report now

Message 4 of 16

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23992 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions
Message 5 of 16

jrbtyrrell93
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just an FYI to anyone else who will stumble across this thread.

I also received a call from the same number, after requesting a call back the previous day. 

Number confirmed by O2 as belonging to their telesales. Asked questions to the person who called me, They managed to verify details that only o2 should know (Unless the sell my personal information - Including secuirty question and answer) 

I upgraded, Phone is due in 2 days. 

Message 6 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Steve25
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did you receive this?

Message 8 of 16

Togetic
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just got a call from this number and definitely sounds like a scam. The first sentence itself was from a person faking a strong accent (likely an asian person trying to fake an american accent making a weird cocktail of the two accents). 

They know a few things like how much data you use, and that you have a certain phone. This is likely a data breach at O2 (a recent one only for new customers from the last 2 years), I have an old O2 number as well which is converted to pay-as-you-go and that doesn't seem to have this data breach.

I dont give an OTP to anyone - whether they claim they are from O2, my bank, my parents anyone on earth really. You should not have an OTP generated unless you are specifically on the website in the middle of a transaction. Anyone else calling up for an OTP is obviously a scammer.

Stay safe and dont get scammed.

Message 9 of 16

Gee2406
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a call from this number today but missed it after it came up 'Suspected Scam'.

I had only yesterday however enquired about an upgrade online via My O2.

It's either O2 or a highly sophisticated spying scam lol..

Message 10 of 16