Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gothamiax Ltd

Bluenosebear
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My dad has just received three text mesages from Gothamiax Ltd. The first one says

"You have joined Everyday Saves costing £1.50 per alert, max 2 message per week until you send stop to 88101"

He did not join this in fact he doesn't even use the data or wifi. I have seen people say to ignore and others say to text STOP.  Whats the best way to stop this?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bluenosebear 

Help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... and here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143411 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Bluenosebear 

Help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... and here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The first thing that is advised is to text STOP and that will probably be charged. Lots of information in the links as to how to claim any charges back.

Message 3 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Yes and get your Dad @Bluenosebear to call o2 customer services and put on a bar to direct bill and bar to premium calls on his phone to stop this happening again.
Get your money back!
Following the above advices will help you get the money back. GOOD LUCK don't lose heart many people have had to deal with these scum and got their money returned.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If this happened today, it seems the 2 step verification isn't working?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Bluenosebear, and sorry to hear about your experience with this one!

Just to clarify, we do have several layers of verifications in place to help customers make sure they only subscribe to services they want to subscribe to (more info here). The PIN process has been implemented on our end and we make sure this is also implemented across the different partners that we allow to use the service. We are continuing to work on ensuring this requirement is fulfilled by all. In some cases we see that customers disputes have started prior to the change being implemented, which explains why this has not triggered the extra layers of verification.  

If you need any additional help at all, please come back and give us a shout slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT 

Could you highlight 'more info here' in your post please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@EmilieT 

Could you highlight 'more info here' in your post please?

Edited the link in now @Cleoriff thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 8 of 11

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

How about making your post a sticky on the welcome page @EmilieT. I know all the subscriptions to these services are before the new safeguards were in place but nevertheless, we are still seeing a lot of customers with historical charges to their accounts. 

Message 9 of 11

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie I've just stickied the topic I was linking to at the top of the Welcome & News board, thanks for the suggestion slight_smile We keep an eye on incoming queries around this so if needed we'll think about other ways we can highlight this info as well going forward!

signature

Message 10 of 11