Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play

return1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Last month I was billed twice one on 26th October and then again on 2nd November and yesterday I got my new bill but I have another new charge for Google play iv contacted Google and they have no idea why this is happening I feel like just leaving O2 but I have another year off my contract so what can I do
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Google have to know why you are being billed, surely?
Anyway, ask O2 to block all charge to mobile payments so no further can be taken and check any apps you've got got have permission for in app purchases.
I suggest you delete any you find.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try opening up Play Store. Tap the menu icon in the top left, click on subscription & see if you've signed up for anything there.

Click the menu again but this time click account. Here you can check what billing method you have, something tells me it will be mobile billing. (Mine says Three mobile) remove whatever payment method it states so you can't be billed again.

And check the order history tab, also on the accounts menu. From there you should be able to see what has been ordered!

Message 3 of 10

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @return1, I was wondering if you found out more about those charges since you last posted? There are some good suggestions above so it'd be great if you could take a look and let us know if either helped slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 10

return1
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No luck with this Google can't find the payment info and I have been charged for the same thing again so iv had too cancel the membership so iv not got the music app iv even sent Google screenshots of the charges
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancel what membership? Google music? And how much were the charges?

Message 6 of 10

return1
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have been charged for digital goods from Google play and have been asked for a transaction I'd so that they can track the payment so that they can refund the money and O2 are telling me that they have not got any transaction I'd information
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@return1 if customer services don't have it I can 100% assure you that we, as customers like yourself, won't have it either I'm afraid.

Have you checked your bank statements?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@return1

See your previous thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/O2-Apps/Google-play/m-p/1176018#M3611

If you have been charged then the transaction will show in My O2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

return1
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The charges were 9.99 each time.
Message 10 of 10