Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google pay hacked

Misskatkins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recent bill charged £99.95 for Google pay... bloody tiktok coins as I had to do some digging to find out the details. Much to my surprise they have been slowly using my paypal aswel to withdraw money. Seen they had been logged on with an HTC phone and a pixel xl phone. O2 won't help me with it says I have to take up the matter with Google. Unfortunately I'm going round in circles with Google. I've sent all screen shots and transactions ids. Times and dates etc. I'm left now if I don't pay this latest bill my phone will be turned off and my contract ruined that I fought hard to get. I'm at a loss. £330 they have gotten off me in the last month. Its beyond me how they got my paypal or any details to my o2 number to pay for stuff. Surely o2 can see this is fraud and remove this amount from my bill 

Screenshot_20230419_223720_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_234613_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_234624_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_234636_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_234647_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230420_014604_Notebook.jpg

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Misskatkins 

Unfortunately only Google can help you with this.

O2 can block any further payments, but what's gone already cannot be influenced by O2 as they just pass on the Google charges.

Speak to Citizens Advice or seek legal help if necessary to resolve with Google.

I'd also change all my passwords and speak to Paypal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149128 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions

@Misskatkins 

Unfortunately only Google can help you with this.

O2 can block any further payments, but what's gone already cannot be influenced by O2 as they just pass on the Google charges.

Speak to Citizens Advice or seek legal help if necessary to resolve with Google.

I'd also change all my passwords and speak to Paypal.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

AimeeLHornby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The same thing has happened to my mum and we aren’t sure how to approach it. Did you manage to find a solution?

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23952 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Misskatkins@AimeeLHornby Report the fraud to the police: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

AimeeLHornby
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Already reported struggling to get a refund from Google play 

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11525 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@AimeeLHornby 

The problem is Google (and Apple) are now been hard with these things as too many people cry wolf, and the problem is only they can do anything about it .. 

You will need to persevere with them I am afraid, as there is nothing o2 can do about

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 6