Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free tablet when upgrading to s9+

Gemmafawn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So 5 weeks ago i got the s9+ with the netflix and tablet deal.

5 weeks later i had to go into the store to get the netflix sorted. The girl who was chatting on whats app while "helping me" did get the netflix sorted than walked off saying thr tablet will be posted after 40 days amd i had five days left.

I called customer care who told me that they are currently out of stock of the tablets and it will up to a further 40 days before the tablet is sent to me. Took me ten minutes to get the lady on the phone to agree to send me written conformation that i will be recieving the tablet eventually.

Anyone else had this problem?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Gemmafawnthat sounds like the worst excuse I have ever heard.

The theory was you needed to do nothing at all. If you bought the phone linked to the Tablet, it was O2's responsibility to get that tab to you within 54 days of purchase!

This was the reason they ran the promotion...to hook people into buying the S9 with a free gift. Currently they are in breach of their own Terms and Conditions if they aren't supplying the tablets.

We have heard of people getting their tablets on here. Even one member who didn't realise her S9 came with a tablet!

Hopefully one of the Admin staff I mentioned yesterday @Marjo @Martin-O2 or @EmilieT will be able to help you tomorrow.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
That’s a very poor excuse. I assumed it was automatic that you would be on a list to receive
Message 12 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Gemmafawn, I'd happily get our gurus to double check what happened there and if they can help further! I'll need a few more details so please check your messages to reply to the one I sent you slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 17

Annerobinson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am so fed up with o2. Order3d the s9 because of the free tablet. And still no tablet. I got my phone on 1st June. I've made complaints to o2 and still nothing. I don't know how I wouldn't have gotten one before stocks ran out when I ordered mine on the 2nd day of the promotion when plenty who ordered theirs after me have received it.
Message 15 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Sorry to hear this @Annerobinson

Maybe @EmilieT will be able to help you. Check back here on Monday please

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Annerobinson, if you've already made a Complaint we might not be able to help but I'll send you a Private Message to get some more details, we'll see what we can do slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 17