Did you mean: 

Fraud

AndreV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Toby,

I am having similar problems but with slightly different reasons.

In my case, it seems someone has registered with O2 using my name and date of birth but with a different address that is not linked to me.
It turned out that a few weeks ago a debit company sent me a letter about this outstanding balance of £1,258.12 that I should pay. The company was Lowell Financial.
So I called them to find out what was going on and this was when I discover about what I mentioned above.
They checked their records and concluded I was not the person they where after.
But the reality now is that O2 has sold this old debit which has my name and date of birth linked to it and I am now having another debit company trying to charge me this again.
I really need O2 to, some how, remove this debit from my name otherwise I would never have piece anymore.
Note: I am a O2 customer since 2010 with the same mobile number and always with a direct debit to pay all my bills.

Toby, would you kindly recommend something else I can do to stop this big miss understanding?

I look forward to hearing from you

Thank you
Best regards
Andre

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AndreVToby is no longer here so I will tag @Marjo and @Martin-O2 our community admin, into the thread

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff

@AndreV I'm happy to help get this sorted for you! I'll need a few details so will drop you a private message so we can chat further. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 7

AndreV
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Cleoriff and Martin,
Really appreviated your replies.
From this posts conversations, I had contacted O2 support and have placed a formal complain. O2 team has promissed to get back to me with a soluction to my issue in 10 working days. I really hope this will sort all out. Will let you know how it goes. Thank you again for your attention to this matter. Best regards
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I hope this gets sorted soon @AndreV 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Sounds promising @AndreV. Please keep us updated and let us know if you need any help. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 7

AndreV
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Martin,
Thank you for teaching out.
Unfortunately nothing has progressed. After I contacted O2 support and placed a formal complain about my isuue, they promissed to get back to me with a solution within 10 working days. It has been more than a month already and no one has contacted me 😞
Is there anything you can help? Are you able to contact then and see where they are with my complain? I really appreciate your help.
Thank you very much
Best regards
Message 7 of 7