Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finite / Jamitup

Level-best
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Anyone else been scammed by these people?  Been taking money via monthly bills since Feb '19.  Mistakenly must have replied to one of their pfishing messages.  O2 couldn't care less and Finite are refusing to refund me.  Is my only hope the Small Claims Court.  Happy to spend the £25 fee on bring a case - anyone else done so?  Any advice??  Regards...David

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Level-best 

Help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... and here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Level-best 

Help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s... and here https://payforitsucks.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Level-best 

Sorry to hear you have been scammed by these scum-bags ~

plenty have. GET you money back.

Advices and links provided  by @MI5  is perfect.

Follow these and you should be able to achieve your money back.

Don't forget to put a bar to direct bill and premium bar on through

Customer Services which will stop scammers billing you again.

Good Luck ~ welcome to the o2 Community Forum 

Let us know how it goes ~ Lots of best wishes TallTrees

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If they won't refund you then follow the guide @Payforit_Sucks and take them to the small claims court. Once notified of the action they may well cave-in.

Message 4 of 11

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Level-best wrote:

Anyone else been scammed by these people?  Been taking money via monthly bills since Feb '19.  Mistakenly must have replied to one of their pfishing messages.  O2 couldn't care less and Finite are refusing to refund me.  Is my only hope the Small Claims Court.  Happy to spend the £25 fee on bring a case - anyone else done so?  Any advice??  Regards...David

@Level-best

Finite Global are well known for the Jammitup Payforit scam, as any google search for them will demonstrate.

I take it that you have already stopped any further charges by sending STOP to 83463 and have received a text back confirming that no further charges will be made.

If your initial request for a full refund has been rejected, it's worth making a further attempt before resorting to legal action.

You should also report this scam to the regulator:  https://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/report-an-issue.

Make it clear that you will not let the matter drop. Ask for:

• Screenshots of the subscription workflow where you were alleged to have signed up for this service.
  • A description of what the service you are supposed to have subscribed to provides? Is this a newsletter, access to a web portal?
  • Any evidence that after supposedly signing up for the service, you actually used it
  • The complete web server log of the subscription, including the User Agent strings containing all device details (browser, device type, device IP address) together with dates and times.
  • Full company details of the company operating the service, country of registration, full name of company, company number and registered company address.
  • Details of the company’s disputes procedure, including any ADR scheme you can refer the matter to if they fail to provide a full refund.

You could also ask whether they would be prepared to cooperate if you refer the matter to CommsADR.

This is the industry ADR scheme, but it appears that Finite Global are not members. It would be good if O2 required ALL services offered through them to be members of this scheme.

Don't involve yourself in timewasting argument though. Finite Global are a UK based company:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11189229.

They are therefore subject to UK law, including the Small Claims procedure. It is important to understand how the procedure works. Don't just file a claim through Moneyclaim online!

It is essential that, prior to starting a claim, you send a "letter before action" to the defendant outlining your dispute, and asking them for a resolution. This letter should allow them at least two weeks to respond. You need to be able to prove to the court that the letter was received by the defendant.

Legal action should be a last resort. The courts take a dim view of litigants that have made no effort to resolve their disputes prior to filing a claim. (They also take a dim view of companies that fail to discuss the details of their case with claimants and just send out stock letters with none of the above details).

Most companies will pay a full refund on receipt of a letter before action, avoiding the hassle and costs associated with legal action. You may be offered ADR. It does no harm to accept this. It is not legally binding and you can still use the Small Claims court if you are unable to agree. So far, nearly all these cases have been settled out of court in the claimants favour. If a case does end up in a hearing, the claimant puts themselves at a disadvantage if they have failed to follow the correct procedures.

A template letter before action is here.

More information is on the Payforitsucks website. I'm not allowed to put a link into the post, but just Google "payforitsucks" or follow the link below in my signature.

You can and should insist on getting your money back. It really is a disgrace that O2 continue to allow obvious scams like this to plunder their customers accounts and offer no mechanism for complaint or redress. However the law is on the consumer's side. It is for the scammers to prove that you consented to the charges and NOT for you to prove that you didn't.

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 5 of 11

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey @Level-best
Very sorry to hear you have been a victim of these scammers. Great advice from the o2 community - regrettably there are many people fallen victim not only on o2.
Good you sort advice at the o2 community.
Good luck.
Message 6 of 11

Level-best
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for taking the trouble to get back to me - much appreciated that you've included a wealth of helpful advice. Thanks again!
Message 7 of 11

Level-best
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your support.
Message 8 of 11

Level-best
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Many thanks for your reply and advice.
Message 9 of 11

Level-best
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi TallTrees - thanks for your help and support.
Message 10 of 11