Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feel like iv been scammed by aerial yet again

Fitness_freak
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So IV was a customer for years with o2 , one day cold called thinking I was talking to o2 as my phone contract was up. Offered me to pay a cheaper rate just for line rental which IV done before with an older phone. Convinced I was talking to o2 I went ahead with the cheaper rate also thinking I could cancel whenever as phone was paid off. Turns out I was put into a contract by aerial direct not o2 and was stuck with them. Anyway I had another call from aerial direct offering me yet again a cheaper rate with my phone. At this point I was ok plus thinking it was for 2 years. I called today to see how long I have left and find out it's for 36 months !!!!! The man on the phone said they contacted me a year earlier to renew , which I had no idea of or was told , I thought it was 24months! I'm really upset yet again as I was thinking of upgrading my phone with someone else. This is so wrong I was firstly bamboozled into thinking they were originally o2 who I was with for ,for so many years , if I had of known the truth I wouldn't of exchanged to them. I want to get out of the contract as I feel im with a bad company who don't tell the truth or are clear 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Fitness_freak 

You will struggle to get out without penalty tbh.

The T&C's you agreed to tie you in very tightly.

All you can do is ask them what your options are and in future, never accept or agree to anything from a cold call.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Fitness_freak 

You will struggle to get out without penalty tbh.

The T&C's you agreed to tie you in very tightly.

All you can do is ask them what your options are and in future, never accept or agree to anything from a cold call.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Have a read through https://www.gov.uk/online-and-distance-selling-for-businesses

You have 14 days to cancel. Longer if they did not inform you of that right

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 145053 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

There's no cooling off period on business contracts which is why Aerial sell them without informing the customer of the fact.

Their shady operating practices have been going on for years and once you're tied in, they have you for the duration.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 4