cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

My mother in law bought a phone a week before Xmas as a gift and last week it developed a fault where the person on the other end could not hear what was being said. As it's only about 8 weeks old and is covered by guarantee it was sent back to O2 for repair.

The phone has not been dropped or had anything spill on it.

I've just checked the status and I'm being asked for £65!!!!!!

It said:

Thank you for sending your Mobile Phone to us for Repair. Unfortunately your handset is not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty so we have raised the following estimate for you:
Out of warranty quote for complex electronic repair (eg soldering parts inside the phone)

Estimated Cost: 
Grand Total:

£65.99

I know my rights and if the fault develops within 6 months then the law assumes that fault is inherent in the product. So if this is the case why am I being charged for an in warranty repair?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have O2 Repairs highlighted the fault with the handset ?

Ask for a written report.

Ask for it back and go through the manufacturer customer support instead.

When someone leaves a post asking guidence on a faulty phone almost every reply suggests going through the manufacturer support helpdesk before O2 repairs as they know their hardware and software and normally go that bit further to assist and resolve issues.

Let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Have O2 Repairs highlighted the fault with the handset ?

Ask for a written report.

Ask for it back and go through the manufacturer customer support instead.

When someone leaves a post asking guidence on a faulty phone almost every reply suggests going through the manufacturer support helpdesk before O2 repairs as they know their hardware and software and normally go that bit further to assist and resolve issues.

Let us know how you get on.

Message 2 of 2