cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Credit Check - possible address mismatch?

Wilkoss
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm trying to take out a £6 a month SIM only contract but I keep failing the credit check part.

I called O2 sales who suggested subscribing to Equifax who run the credit checks to download my credit report. Then call Equifax to ask if they see any reason I'd fail. Credit Score is 1000/1000 and the lady at Equifax couldn't see any reason I'd fail a check.

I called O2 sales again who tried to process the order again over the phone and again it failed.

The only thing I can think of is that on the O2 website putting in my delivery postcode shows me as living in Fleet whereas on the billing page and also the Equifax report the same postcode shows me as living in Church Crookham, Fleet (the boundary for Church Crookham was changed a couple of years ago).

Could that be the reason the order is failing? I can't think of anything else if could be and I can't manually change either address to match the other as both are auto-filled.

Any help much appreciated. I've been at this for the last 3 hours slight_smile

Thanks

Chris

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Wilkoss It may also be that too many attempts have been made in too short of a time span. The only other thing I can suggest is to contact Credit File Referrals, but their response time isn't very speedy:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Wilkoss It may also be that too many attempts have been made in too short of a time span. The only other thing I can suggest is to contact Credit File Referrals, but their response time isn't very speedy:

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Wilkoss 

Your credit score means nothing to o2, as its made up number to sell you products and services, and o2 look at your credit file, to see what other credit you have. 

The CRA's cant tell you anything so the lady was just making an uneducated guess 

Check your credit report, as it is possibly you dont have much credit  or as @Bambino  says you have tried too many times in which case its best to wait.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 9

Wilkoss
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's possible but doesn't explain why the first one was rejected. I'm trying to buy the Uswitch black Friday week deal so don't have time to wait 6 weeks for the credit disputes team to get back to me! 

Message 4 of 9

Wilkoss
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My credit situation is good. I have a mortgage and credit card which are always paid on time as well as a couple of loans.

I don't understand why no-one can look at the rejection reason as it's almost certainly something totally unrelated to the credit check. Some websites don't like hyphens in double barrelled names or the address being slightly different might be triggering a flag. It's very annoying either way! 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Wilkoss 

Bottom line is that O2 couldn't care less about your £6 a month so won't be any hurry to fix what is most likely an internal system issue.

If it was £60k a month you can be sure it would be a different story.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

It might not be, it could be anything and o2 will never tell a customer why they have been declined for a contract.. 

It could be your risk profile, something on your credit file added to that o2 DON'T have to give you an account, as its upto them who they do business with, same with any credit provider, im sorry to say.

To be honest, i would just move on and go elsewhere

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 9

Wilkoss
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife tried applying too incase there was something mysterious going on that was missed from the credit report. This also failed despite her having the same exemplary credit history as me.

I know O2 won't care about me personally but if they have a bug in their system causing unwarranted credit check fails they could be losing hundreds of customers at one of the busiest times of the year for sales. 

Message 8 of 9

Anom
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Did this ever get resolved as we too are having the same issue? 

Message 9 of 9