Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra activation

Lauren221
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, when i upgraded my phone I chose the Amazon prime extra. 
every time I go to activate it it says problem encountered. Any one have any tips? 

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145125 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@Lauren221 

If you have a current Amazon subscription using the same details you either need to cancel it forst or use different login details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Guide: Adding and removing O2 Extras  

Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 145125 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@Lauren221 

If you have a current Amazon subscription using the same details you either need to cancel it forst or use different login details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 11

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Were you able to get it activated @Lauren221?

Message 4 of 11

ThisLife
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'd like to know too please, were you able to get it activated @Lauren221 ? 

Also, as @MI5 has said, if you already had a subscription with Amazon Prime - did you have to cancel it first? This is my current situation, trying to activate the Extra, but just not sure about cancelling my existing subscription first 🤔 (?).

Message 5 of 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36571 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1631 Solutions

ThisLife
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the screen-shot and for your help @pgn , I had not seen that info anywhere in the FAQ's ‌‌🤔.

I have decided that I will cancel my current Amazon Prime subscription but I do not want to do it until much nearer to the renewal date (25th June) and then I will claim my O2 Extra commencing on that exact date. So I will give an update to everyone if it does work. My logic is that if O2 want to give me 3 months of Amazon Prime for free then I might as well have it and save some money, after-all 3x £8.99 = £26.97 ‌‌😅.

Message 7 of 11

ThisLife
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, here's an update:- On 24th June I cancelled my existing Amazon Prime subscription which had been running for about 5 years. On 25th June I tried to activate my free O2 Extra but I still got the message "! Activation error / We've encountered a problem. Please try again". I deduced that this was because my Amazon Prime subscription was still actually valid until midnight. On 26th June (today) I activated the O2 Extra and it went through straight away into Amazon and started a new subscription for me, i.e. I got a welcome message within my Amazon account and it says "Your Prime membership is activated though O2". I also got a separate email welcoming me. So that's sorted then. Thank you O2! And thank you also for your help & interest to the O2 community - @jonsie @MI5 @Breanna @pgn 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 145125 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27862 Solutions

@ThisLife 

That's as expected. Good job 👍

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions