Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Error code 554 Failed; 5.1.2 (bad destination system address) Sending from O2 email account

Hello,

In the last few days I've received a couple of failed message notifications when I've been sending emails from my o2 email account.  The same content is received without difficulty when sent from a gmail account.  The failure rate seems to be increasing.  I've not changed any settings recently and wondered if anyone could help with an explanation, please?

H.

Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,092

Re: Error code 554 Failed; 5.1.2 (bad destination system address) Sending from O2 email accou

Topics: 757

Re: Error code 554 Failed; 5.1.2 (bad destination system address) Sending from O2 email accou

It is supposed to be the 7th for the final switch off, though many of us thought they would start shutting down servers well before then. It stands to reason this wont all happen over one day.

Best advice to be given to anyone is to find yourself a new email client asap...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,377

I wouldn't still be using O2 email now myself that's for sure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Topics: 577
Solutions: 4,092

I agree though it sounds as though the OP still has access. As there is already a Gmail account in place files and addresses need to be changed over now and all contacts informed.

Level 69: Guiding Light

@Anonymous O2 have been gradually closing down their email servers for the last three and a half years. You would have been given notice of this a long time ago.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Email-Webmail-to-close/td-p/510096/page/20

If you're still able to access any of your account, do as has been suggested above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Anonymous

Thanks to all above; your replies are appreciated.  I haven't been aware of this until your replies.  I will certainly sort out new accounts immediately.  I suppose that exercise will keep me out of mischief for a while......

H.

Topics: 757

Thankfully you know now @Anonymous Hope you get yourself sorted asap. Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Topics: 569
Solutions: 15,377

Just inform anyone still using you o2 email of your gmail so everything goes there, but as you say, it could keep you busy for a while......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)