cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 554 Failed; 5.1.2 (bad destination system address) Sending from O2 email account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

In the last few days I've received a couple of failed message notifications when I've been sending emails from my o2 email account.  The same content is received without difficulty when sent from a gmail account.  The failure rate seems to be increasing.  I've not changed any settings recently and wondered if anyone could help with an explanation, please?

H.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is supposed to be the 7th for the final switch off, though many of us thought they would start shutting down servers well before then. It stands to reason this wont all happen over one day.

Best advice to be given to anyone is to find yourself a new email client asap...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is supposed to be the 7th for the final switch off, though many of us thought they would start shutting down servers well before then. It stands to reason this wont all happen over one day.

Best advice to be given to anyone is to find yourself a new email client asap...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I wouldn't still be using O2 email now myself that's for sure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I agree though it sounds as though the OP still has access. As there is already a Gmail account in place files and addresses need to be changed over now and all contacts informed.

Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous O2 have been gradually closing down their email servers for the last three and a half years. You would have been given notice of this a long time ago.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Email-Webmail-to-close/td-p/510096/page/20

If you're still able to access any of your account, do as has been suggested above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all above; your replies are appreciated.  I haven't been aware of this until your replies.  I will certainly sort out new accounts immediately.  I suppose that exercise will keep me out of mischief for a while......

H.

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thankfully you know now @Anonymous Hope you get yourself sorted asap. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just inform anyone still using you o2 email of your gmail so everything goes there, but as you say, it could keep you busy for a while......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9