cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable VoWifi % VoLTE on my new Subscription + Sony XZ1 Compact

Anonymous
Not applicable

I purchased a new Sony XZ1 Compact on contratc at 13:00 today, but I see no menu options to enable VoWifi calling to be used (cut connected to my home wifi).  Reading the info on the site it might be something I need to enable on my subscription, but I can't see where I do that so I need support...

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Go to settings, network and internet, mobile network. Then turn on volte.
WiFi calling should be in the menu before that one but not too sure as I don't have an Oreo device at hand on o2 firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Have a look at this thread https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Go to settings, network and internet, mobile network. Then turn on volte.
WiFi calling should be in the menu before that one but not too sure as I don't have an Oreo device at hand on o2 firmware.
Message 3 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Also, sign Into my o2 and turn the service on for your account under the devices tab
Message 4 of 13

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous, welcome to the O2 community! 

Please read @Cleoriff link and follow @viridis advice because he is The Sony Master here HeroHero 

Let us know if we can help more thumbsup

Thanks guys for your help! heart

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update this, we had a user that was not able to find these settings eventhough he had a XZ premium and the correct firmware. It seems that on his handset, it was in the following menu;

Press the Phone icon -> top right there should be 3 dots, this is the menu -> select Calls -> in here may be the new location for VoLTE and Wi-Fi

Hope this helps soeone else.

Message 6 of 13

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to update this, we had a user that was not able to find these settings eventhough he had a XZ premium and the correct firmware. It seems that on his handset, it was in the following menu;

Press the Phone icon -> top right there should be 3 dots, this is the menu -> select Calls -> in here may be the new location for VoLTE and Wi-Fi

Hope this helps soeone else.

You will only find WiFi calling preferences in there, the actual settings to enable both are found in the networking settings page as described before.

You can see in your method...

Screenshot_20171122-105801.png

Only WiFi calling setting for preferences is present, whereas in my (Sony's) method...

Screenshot_20171122-105546.png

Volte, and...

Screenshot_20171122-105658.png

VoWifi settings.

It's always kept under these settings.

Message 7 of 13

DCOXF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I'm a new O2 customer, and bought a refurbished XZ Premium + O2 contract from a 3rd party retailer. I've followed all the advice on this thread but am still not seeing the option to enable WiFi calling. I read elsewhere something indicating that the phone might need O2 firmware. Can anyone confirm this?

Message 8 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yes, that's correct. Wifi calling won't work without the correct O2 firmware.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 13

DCOXF
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the prompt reply. Is this firmware something I can obtain?
Message 10 of 13