Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Mobile: Why has it stopped?

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

I am still an O2 broadband customer and this service has suddenly stopped.

Why?

I still have access to webmail where I can alter the settings for Email to Mobile.

It still doesn't work.

Methinks you have dropped this service without giving any notification to the users of the service.

For a communication company that is shocking.

#siwy
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

@browni wrote:
I wonder what I missed here but can imagine. How did a post from Oliver341 manage to get deleted?

Not sure, but I was definitely on topic. slight_smile

I think I said something along the lines of that O2 may consider "email to mobile" as not part of the core webmail product and as such isn't part of the service which is being kept open for O2 Broadband customers.

I also agreed that this shut down was poorly communicated.

Message 2 of 26

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

I agree Oliver, shoddy communication.

One thing that has bugged me over the years is that very few of the CSA's have even heard of the service. At times when there were problems I had to go through at least 4 just to get somebody who understood what I was talking about!

It's not exactly new as this screenshot from 2008 shows

I should add that this feature was the one that swayed me to O2 Broadband.

#siwy
Message 3 of 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@Browni

I have asked toby by pm to clarify the issue by positing a reply here.

I hope he is able to give you a satisfactory answer

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi Browni,

I shall ask the team for some info for you now. Thanks for flagging that.

FYI, I have also removed bandofbrother's posts on his request.

Many thanks
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi browni,

Please text ‘status’ to 30102 and let me know what you get in response, as this will help the team to investigate further. Please send me a PM with your findings.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 6 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too am disappointed to find that "O2 email to mobile" no longer works.  Tried sending Status to 30102 and the reply was " All messages to short code 30102 for O2 Email to mobile must be sent via MMS/Picture messages.  Messages to short code 30102 are free".  On my phone I do not have the option to specify whether I am sending an SMS or MMS - if I send a picture it is sent as MMS otherwise it is SMS - so not sure how deal with that.

Message 7 of 26

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Cheers Adam & Toby.

Have tried sending status to 30102 but receive an error "2517:Unresolvable Recipient" (also PM'd to to Toby as requested)

I am able to select the type of message being sent.

#siwy
Message 8 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this topic still active? I am getting Service Denied when sending MMS to 30102.

Message 9 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am still trying to get a defintive reply from O2 on Twitter (@O2).  All I get is "Sorry for any confusion around this - we'll investigate the email to mobile service to see why you're having issues." (9 Nov), "Sorry for the wait, this is still something we're looking into for those affected" (11 Nov), "We need to do some tests and investigate for you, once we have some more information we'll let you know." (13 Nov), "Sorry for the frustration - we need to investigate the issue to know what happened. We're doing this as quickly as we can" (14 Nov), "We do apologise for the delay and we appreciate your patience - we're investigating and will update you when we know more" (17 Nov)and "Sorry for the delay in checking this, we need to investigate to see why and what has happened with the service." (17 Nov), and finally today "could you email us a webteam@o2.com with your full name, twitter id and brief about the issue with email to mobile please." As per usual no-one in O2 appears to understand what "O2 email to mobile" actually is, despite it being an O2 service which is still advertised on their website:

Image1.jpg

Message 10 of 26