Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sim for Samsung watch

Heffiel
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have now spoken to 5 people from O2 regarding the purchase of an esim for my Samsung Watch. I've been passed from Sales to Customer Service and back again. No one seems to know what I need to do. Can anyone please advise me how I get a esim organised. No one in O2 appears to be able to help.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@O2Ellie can you please assist @Heffiel? I believe I saw a post earlier today saying that this can only be done in store, which at the moment isn't possible.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Heffiel
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I've now been passed to a 7th person. They are posting me out an e-sim but can't tell me anything about the data plan???? I have been on the call for over an hour.
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Heffiel The online O2 advisor I've tagged will contact you, and will hopefully be able to help. Look for a Private Message in the upper right of the page.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

O2Ellie
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Bambino 

@Heffiel I apologise it's taking so many attempts to get a answer to your query. I can confirm that if you have took the Samsung watch out via O2 directly then the data plan can be set up, however if it has been took out via a 3rd party then this can only be set up in the O2 store, i know our stores are currently shut at the moment due to the pandemic but when they do open they will be able to assist you. 

Thanks,

Ellie

signature
Message 5 of 6

nmills1757
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I spent 6 months trying to get my Samsung Watch 3 4g connected to the O2 network. I bought the watch from Samsung so if you've done the same or bought second hand on say eBay, you'll need to do the following to get the watch connected and use it as a stand a lone device. You also have to leave the mobile on as it won't work if you turn the mobile off and leave the house and expect to recieve calls, texts etc. 

1. Contact O2 and get them to set up Data and WIFI calling on your Samsung mobile, it's free but needs to be set up to use the watch, no clue why. You can then turn the switch on in setting under connections.

2. If you need an esim the only place to get it now is at an O2 store, don't waste your time calling 202 or going on O2 chat, they won't supply, it's free at the store.

3. If you already have an esim you won't be able to set up your watch just by going through the proces on the Gear app, it'll set up the plan in principle on the phone and watch, but it won't connect to the network so don't waste your time and drive yourself mad.Delete the plan and go to an O2 store.

4. The only way you'll get the watch connected is by going to the O2 store, sitting with the sales person and have them set up the esim and the plan, it's £5 per month for 1gb which is more than enough data.

5. Most store sales people haven't a clue about setting up the Samsung watch 4g, so have them give you the esim, scan the QR code let your phone set up the plan and then have them go into their system as if your purchasing the watch directly from O2, at the bottom of their screen (this is at an O2 strore) there is a box that says set up watch plan, when they press that, it'll allow them to set up a watch data plan, as if you've purchased the watch from O2, very poor set up as their O2 techs have no clue about what they are selling.

6. At that point and after the salesperson puts in all the info from the esim they gave you into their system,  it'll take about 10 min for the watch to connect, you'll then need to go into the connection settings on your watch, turn on auto for data, turn on data roaming and then go to the network search setting on the watch and let it the watch search for the network, it'll then register it and your almost there.

7. Next go to your mobile and in settings, advanced, turn on the switch to use your mobile data on other devices, make sure when you turn it on, it shows your Samsung watch at the bottom, tap and another screen comes up showing the watch is connected to your phone.

8. Then reboot your watch and your mobile and your done. Test it by leaving your phone in your home and take a walk, the watch should connect and show the 4g symbol and the mobile calling bars, if you try and make a call and it doesn't work or says connect to blue tooth, go back to step 7, and reboot the phone to make sure it's found the device, i.e. your watch. It will also say at the bottom of the watch, standalone, means your using the watch on it's own.

9. Your done. Just remember you can only get your Samsung Watch 4g connected by getting it done in the O2 store.

Hope this helps everyone.

Message 6 of 6