cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone else get this...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know who's fault this is but I'm starting to suspect my o2 dongle. I have mobile broadband for Mac (pay&go) usually I never have any troubles but when I visit: www.reed.co.uk  things don't work as they should, pages don't finish loading -most annoyingly the button that says 'apply now' (it's a job site) is just a spinning gear saying please wait. I contacted the website and they gave the usual advice about emptying the cache and enabling cookies and java, all of which I have done but still the same problem. The reason I'm suspecting the dongle/connection is that the webpage doesn't work properly on Firefox or Safari. Does anyone get a spinning gear on reed.co.uk? or any ideas about a fix?

Many thanks...

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for checking for me Ian. The most annoying thing is, of course, that the 'apply now' button is the most vital button on the entire page.

I did manage to solve the problem in the end though thanks to reading this thread about java script being disabled by o2 mobile broadband and how to get around it. A plug-in for Firefox called 'Modify Headers' can enable problem script to fully load (or stream) as well as decompressing images - use it sparingly though unless you don't mind paying those pricy o2 data tariffs. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get the same result re the 'spinning gear' for the apply now button, but otherwise the site loads quite quickly and accurately. I'm using IE9 as my browser.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for checking for me Ian. The most annoying thing is, of course, that the 'apply now' button is the most vital button on the entire page.

I did manage to solve the problem in the end though thanks to reading this thread about java script being disabled by o2 mobile broadband and how to get around it. A plug-in for Firefox called 'Modify Headers' can enable problem script to fully load (or stream) as well as decompressing images - use it sparingly though unless you don't mind paying those pricy o2 data tariffs. Cheers!

Message 3 of 3