Did you mean: 

Do O2 not like Apple

NetworkNorm
Level 3: Thinker
  • 64 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi..

This has been bugging me for a while.. I often pick up the O2 magazine and it seems as if Apple products are never featured.

Take the current issue as an example, the "Knowledge" section at the back which lists all the phones except... for iPhones! It's like they don't exist

Likewise when it comes to tablets, O2 doesn't sell the iPad and the simplicity data plans are restricted in that iPad users can only have the most expensive plans.

Why is this do you think?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Yes I've noticed apple idevices are not in the catalogue.

When I was shopping around for my iPad Air I did visit an O2 shop.

Not a single version in so I purchased from an Apple Shop.

@Toby do you have any idea why iPhones are not featured in the O2 catalogue or why the iPad is not sold.

Business decision ?
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would imagine it's because there are really only 2 models 5c and 5s where as most other manufacturers have lots of choice still I would have thought they would be in there right at the back wink
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would have assumed they would be placed right along side all the other mobile phone handsets.
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I must admit I can't understand why they are not there unless it's because they are so well known
Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
O2 are very PRO Apple. Remember they had the iPhone exclusive when it first came to UK,
All products are available online aren't they?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Re the in store brochures, it is not unusual for handset manufacturers to share the cost of these through advertising their products. Sometimes they will pay more to be on the front or back cover for example.

I suspect Apple feel their products sell themselves and as such they felt they didn't need to pay towards marketing.
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
So far two #02 Twitter responses are.

@O2: @ Surely you don't need a catalogue to find out what the latest iPhone is Lee? wink Did you check out our link?

@O2: @ Hi Lee. Our offers/catalogues change frequently. Are you looking to upgrade? Check our iPhone deals: http://t.co/2O13SKfcDd

Not exactly answering my question as to why iPhones are not in the stores catalogue. 😞

Well I tried.
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the first answer says it all really
Message 9 of 9