Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ is not free

silvatek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an email offering Disney+ for 6 months as a loyalty freebie if I texted DISNEY to a given number. I did this and eventually received a text with a link to activate the "Extra". But I checked the terms and conditions first and discovered that I'd have to upgrade my account or pay for Disney+ in order to get it. I really do not want Disney+ but it's now sitting there in my "Extras" waiting to be activated. I'm hoping that it will just go away in 29 days, but I'd like it to be removed altogether if possible. I think this is a scam offer as it's not free at all, so O2 sent me an offer under false pretences.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@silvatek 

I can assure you it's free.

I have had free Disney for the last 2 years or so by continually accepting the free offers, but ultimately, the choice is yours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@silvatek 

Can you share the T&C's as the six month's free extra doesn't specify you need to upgrade or pay for disney+

You'll get this extra on us for six months. Once this period is up, your extra will auto-renew to a paid subscription. It'll be £7.99 a month and we'll add it to your O2 bill. If you don't want your extra to auto-renew, you can opt out in My O2 whenever you like.

There are eligibility criteria you have to meet and thats about it, so think you have misread the T&C's as there are 2 offers, one is the paid for extra which is £7.99 per month, and the over is the 6months free.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 9

silvatek
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

"Get up to six months of Disney+ on us With our latest plans. Not ready to upgrade? Get Disney+ for £2 less a month when you add it to your plan.

Whether you’re new to O2 or upgrading, you can get up to 6 months of Disney+ on us*, with our latest plans. Simply choose it as your Extra when you checkout.

Not ready for an upgrade? Add Disney+ as an Extra to your current plan via My O2 for £7.99 a month, and we’ll give you £2 a month off your bill."

Source: https://www.o2.co.uk/extras/disney-plus

I'm not ready for an upgrade and I'm not new to O2, therefore I don't qualify for the "free" offer.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@silvatek 

The free offers are sent out to selected customers only.

If you're not selected, you have to upgrade to get it or pay for it.

As you have received the offer, you can activate it for the period specified for free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

silvatek
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, that certainly isn't clear. I think I'll pass anyway as I don't trust that I won't get billed. Thanks anyway.

Edit: This is the small print from the email that I received. Once again, it implies that I have to purchase a new contract from O2.

"Get 6 months on us (“Extra Period”). You’ll be automatically opted in to a paid monthly subscription of £7.99pm after Extra Period. Opt out at any time. Offer may be withdrawn at any time. Charges applied to O2 bill & are subject to change. Eligibility: must purchase new eligible tariff direct from O2. Select Disney+ within 28 days of making qualifying purchase & redeem within 28 days of selecting it. Must set up Disney+ account & agree to its terms of use. Cannot benefit from more than one Extra Period. Disney+ RRP £7.99pm."

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@silvatek 

I can assure you it's free.

I have had free Disney for the last 2 years or so by continually accepting the free offers, but ultimately, the choice is yours.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

silvatek
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5. I really appreciate your help and advice. In order to get the offer for free I think I have to disconnect from wireless and click a specific link that I was sent via SMS. If I activate it via the MyO2 web site I may be charged. Unfortunately, I deleted that link, but I think I can reproduce it via a notifications app.

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You may get an error trying to activate it currently as there is a system issue which O2 are aware of and trying to fix.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

silvatek
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well - I ignored the offer as I couldn't find anything I wanted to watch on Disney+. So now there's the new Pam and Tommy series, which I'd like to watch and, guess what, it's on Disney+. Grr!

Message 9 of 9