Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney Activation link

HummingBee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The Disney plus activation link doesn't work. 

No sensible resolution was put in to the first post on this on the community and I haven't got time to trawl through numerous posts..

I've tried the chatbot, but she has no interest in talking to me as she says that she can't access my data even though I am signed in... 

I don't want to call the support team, because frankly support teams are not something I want to do in my spare time.

How can the activation be rectified.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

HummingBee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The solution is..... do nothing..... and in 24 to 48 hours O2 will send you an email with a link that sends you to the correct area in Disney + . The email is cheerfully headed "It's time to activate your O2 Extra"

Essentially, this appears to mean that you can't use Disney + as soon as you sign up, but at least it is all sorted now.

Hopefully O2 will update their messaging to remove the frustration of trying to use inoperable links.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HummingBee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Wow . O2 support seems bad. I did actually manage to get through to an operator on Online chat, but then it cut off. 

Message 2 of 4

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi there @HummingBee, sorry to hear you are having issues with this. We are aware of a small number of other similar reports and we're looking into it. Please attempt to activate your Extra periodically - we're working to have this resolved as quickly as possible!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

HummingBee
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The solution is..... do nothing..... and in 24 to 48 hours O2 will send you an email with a link that sends you to the correct area in Disney + . The email is cheerfully headed "It's time to activate your O2 Extra"

Essentially, this appears to mean that you can't use Disney + as soon as you sign up, but at least it is all sorted now.

Hopefully O2 will update their messaging to remove the frustration of trying to use inoperable links.

Message 4 of 4