Did you mean: 

Default on a returned phone

CarlWilliams
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I need some help about a phone I returned in 2018, I returned this phone within the first week of purchase (within the 14 days)

but now in March 2022 it has shown on my credit that I am in debt for £6 and have defaulted.

I have been on the phone hours but because I returned the phone instantly I don’t have the phone number associated and no longer have the email address.

I have the account number thanks to emailing 02referrals (credit referrals) but they can not help due to the account still been in debt?

Every time I ring they won’t let me through security even though I have my address, name etc they just won’t help, they then told me to go into store to get get help but the store can only help if I have a phone number (seems I have been fobbed off again)

I have been passed over now more than 20 times and I am at a loss, how can I get this resolved?

no one seems able to or wants to help me in this regards but they are happy to default me? This is a problem they have messed up with

kind regards

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@CarlWilliams I will ask an O2 account advisor to look into this for you, but she won't be on until tomorrow morning. She will send you a Private Message through this site.

@O2Lisa can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

CarlWilliams
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Bambino  thanks for the reply

that would be much appreciated as it seems nobody can help me with this,

I’ll keep an eye out on my message! 

thanks again

Carl

Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It sounds like the charge is for usage before the phone was returned or an outstanding amount from another account

Message 4 of 7

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Bambino.

@CarlWilliams I'll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Zam1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa @Hi, I have a similar issue I bought two iPhones back in 2019 one under my name and one Mrs name and I cancelled them within 14 days without even taking the Sims out of the packaging as they were pay-as-you-go and we already had the other network sims. now we are going through the mortgage and just found out last night that our accounts are in default, mine account is around £6 and Mrs £10 but surprisingly we took both phones in 2019 and Mrs shows default in 2020 and my one is just recently in March 2022 absolutely shocked how this happened. never miss any payments anything especially when I cancelled it I can’t understand that. could you please guide how can this be resolved? many thanks

Message 6 of 7

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Zam1 I'll message you privately and look in to this for you 😊

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7