Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default on Credit file

Jennalodge
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ordered a phone through Mobile Phones Direct on the 7th of May 2020.

The very next day I cancelled the order as I had found out that my company was ordering me one.

As it was cancelled the day after order, I never received a phone or a SIM card but a bill was issued for some reason.

I tried to ring O2 to get this sorted out however, as I had not created an account there was no information for me to use to verify and have anyone at O2 to help me out.

I tried ringing, emailing and I tried the chat (have transcripts and emails).

It took loads and loads of phone calls to get through to someone that could help out and it seems like the bill issue was eventually sorted out as I have not had any further correspondence.

Yesterday I applied for a mortgage and it was declined.

I was very confused as to why so I went on Experian and got hold of my credit report.

It turns out that there is now a default on my account for £10 to O2, which has stopped me getting a mortgage.

I am totally devastated that I have been denied a mortgage for something that was out of my hands.

I don’t know the number I was supposed to have been given as I was cancelled the day after the order.

As I understand I have a 14 day cooling off period and as I never even had either phone or SIM I could not have used any of the services at any point.

I tried on several occasions to sort this query out but it was so difficult to get to speak to someone and the people on the chat could not access my account due to lack of details.

I have tried all other avenues and I found the credit referral emails on this forum.

I really need someone to help me with this as it has had a massive impact on my financial situation.

Our house has sold and we can now not get a mortgage!

If someone can give me any further guidance or help that would be amazing as i am in a desperate situation.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Jennalodge 

You need to contact these guys;

creditfilereferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jennalodge Sorry to say this is a customer community only.

You need to contact the Credit Referrals Team:

Contact details:
CreditFileReferrals@telefonica.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Jennalodge
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino @jonsie @MI5 

Thank you all for your quick responses!!

My girlfriend is an O2 customer still so i thought it was worth attempting to reach out as i have seen some other similar posts on here which have had some great response.

Just trying all different avenues as we are desperate.

Again thank you!

Message 5 of 6

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

@jonsie  Thanks for the tag, @Jennalodge   unfortunatly i am not able to change anything on your credit file, The best thing to do now is to contact the credit referrals team. I will send you a private message if you would like to discuss this further.

signature
Message 6 of 6