Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage

paulwatson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On my renewal date, at exactly midnight 3.72gb was used as soon as my new allowance kicked in, I am definite I didn’t use it, but all I am told by o2 was I must have, it was a phone update or background apps, it was the phone was on WiFi anyway but my data usage via phone was zero anyway, but coincidentally the previous month I got a data bolt on of 4gb, I used 3.72 the exact amount that came out of my allowance, but o2 will not investigate this as far as there concerned the data was used, has anyone else had a similar problem, and anyone else whose had s bolt on, I suggest you check, thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

do you use the data counter on your phone @paulwatson , and is it set up to reset each month?

that will tell you what is using your mobile data.

check settings for WiFi Assist or anything similar.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

paulwatson
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks, yes do all that regularly that’s why I noticed, I last reset 10th June and reading was less for 2 week than what went out in 1 day, I took phone into o2 shop, they agreed that phone hadn’t used data and all settings were correct, but couldn’t do anything, only customer services could.

Message 3 of 7

TW19
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Similar happened to me, my monthly data of 5gb was renewed on 11/6 and on the 12/6 I was told I had used it all up even though I had been at home all day and on the wi fi!  Rang o2 and was told I must not have been on wi fi even though I was certain I was but even so 5gb is a lot to use when just browsing and bot downloading! 

Message 4 of 7

TW19
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do you use the data counter to show what is using the data.  I go into my o2 account daily to see how

much I have left of my monthly allowance but where do I see what is using the data?

Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

The only place to see what is using the data is in the phone settings.
On my Oppo, it is as follows:
Settings

Mobile Data

Data Usage

This then lists what has used data since the current period started, in descending order of usage (so most usage at top).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

adec
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 129 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

hmm thats not right.. to happen to both of you ... even if you weren't connected to WiFi.. to use 3.72gb in one day .. is damm excessive.. almost impossible.... you don't seem to be getting far with Customer Service... 

hit the social media channels to get some help... you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Crown Communication - an O2 Select Partner
Message 7 of 7