cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage abroad - when data is turned off

Anonymous
Not applicable
I’ve been charged for O2 Travel (4.99 x 2) for two days whilst abroad. On these days the online Live Chat tells me that I’ve used a small amount of Data on those two days. My data was toggled off just before my plane left Gatwick and has been off ever since. I am still abroad. Has anyone else suffered “leakage” where data has been supposedly used even though data is off. Does Wi-fi assist make a difference ... even when Data is toggled off? WhatsApp says it will use data, but it’s greyed out so supposedly isn’t live. Is this an O2 scam ?
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Don’t think so. On 02 Travel it’s free to receive calls ... I believe.

Yeah, sorry, you're right as long as it's below 120 mins a day.

But the daily charge comes into effect or not?

It looks like it all changed with the 15th June 17 changes to roaming rules @jonsie

As long as your incoming calls and texts are below 120 they won't trigger the daily charge but will count towards your 120 mins/texts.

In theory, it's completely free to receive 120 calls or texts per day when abroad now.

Section 2 here explains https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2travel-paymonthly-terms-and-conditions

OK thanks for that @MI5

I wasn't around much then and consequently had stopped using O2 Travel. Live and learn eh...

Message 21 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yeah, caught me out too......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Even more confusing.......they appear to have changed the terms and conditions again according to section 2 of that link you posted @MI5?

Or was it there from June 15th and just not noticed (by me?)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 24

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I assume it was changed at the same time....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 24