Did you mean: 

Data problem roaming in Switzerland

Rockstone
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all,

I’m having issues with my O2 Big Bundle £20 30GB bundle again while roaming in Switzerland.

I pick up network, but can’t use Data or make calls

I’ve gone through the usual steps:

1. Airplane mode on and off

2. Manually selecting networks.

Of course mobile data is on and roaming is on and I don’t have not set any data usuals limits. My account has been properly topped-up (it’s pre pay) and is current. It was operating normally in the UK.

I have not changed the APN

My phone is an iPhone 13

(Does anybody know which are O2’s preferential networks - Sunrise and Salt?)

The Service was working well in Italy before I came through the border. I am currently travelling around the Southern region of Lugano.

A few months ago I was in Zurich and had the same problem, but left after a few days so didn’t resolve it.

I thought it may have been a Big bundle account issue, but on rare, brief  occasions I believe I  had connection. I’ve been here for 3 days now. 

My Gf is using Vodafone UK and has no problems at all! 

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148511 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28417 Solutions

@Rockstone 

You need O2 travel to use your phone in Switzerland which is chargeable at £1.99 per day so you need extra credit.

Your UK bundle won't work. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad#2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148511 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28417 Solutions

@Rockstone 

You need O2 travel to use your phone in Switzerland which is chargeable at £1.99 per day so you need extra credit.

Your UK bundle won't work. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad#2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2