Did you mean: 

Data in my local area

RLYMA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have been with o2 a good few years with no problems, however since moving a year a go my signal is so poor. It shows as 3g but nothing comes through, and when I go into town I have to 'hotspot' off my work phone (on another network) in order to get signal. I have asked why and what I should do in various stores and they all say there is a 'mast issue that they are working on'. I have paid my bill in full every month, hoping it will improve however even after a year it hasn't. I no longer want to pay a phone bill that is not fit for purpose, however would be charged for coming out my contract early despite it being because o2 are not providing the service. 

I have asked to come out my contract with no further charges with no result. Does anyone know what I should do? 

Is there any consumer rights I can pursue? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@RLYMA 

Pay off your device plan, thereby owning the phone, and the airtime can be cancelled with no additional charges.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144183 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@RLYMA 

Pay off your device plan, thereby owning the phone, and the airtime can be cancelled with no additional charges.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3