Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data disappearing!

Laura-W
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

24GB data disappeared in less tan 24 hours. Raised twice with o2 and Apple, who are unable to get to the bottom of it. I usually use 10GB per billing month, however all data has been used 12 days into billing month. No unusual downloads and not left the country. Apple state it is a carrier issue, whilst o2 state it is an Apple issue. Still waiting to hear back from o2, currently with no data. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Laura-W 

It's an O2 issue with iPhones that has been going on for years and never resolved.

If you search the forum you'll find loads of posts about it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Laura-W
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I have searched previous posts, but cannot seem to find the solution? I bought 1GB of data and that went within an hour, whilst the phone wasn't even being used. So rather stuck at the moment? Thank you. 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144516 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27711 Solutions

@Laura-W 

As I said, there is no solution other than to complain to O2 and get some free data added.

Many customers left O2 because of this issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

Laura-W
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK thank you

Message 5 of 7

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Laura-W have you checked which apps are using up the data? That might help you find a starting point at least. Info about how to find that here.

Message 6 of 7

Laura-W
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - Yes I have done this and nothing out of the ordinary, nor new. I've even taken my phone into an o2 store and they could not find the issue, nor could Apple. Apple stated this is an o2 issue.

Message 7 of 7