Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Level 1: Joiner

Damaged Samsung S8+

Just broke my phone, the screen and back is cracked and keep getting random touches which is making this an nightmare to compose.
I have O2 insurance, which I will call tomorrow.
When I upgraded 17 months ago in the O2 shop they offered a free screen replacement with the upgrade, after reading O2 help on O2 insurance they on swap for reconditioned handsets.
So does O2 insurance cover accidental damage ?
Topics: 677

Re: Damaged Samsung S8+

Hi @Mockit 

It depends. A few people have had screen replaced, though others have had reconditioned phones.

Check it out with your insurance tomorrow. Take note of your IMEI as well before you send it off.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Topics: 530
Solutions: 11,157

If you have the free screen replacement, yes, you are covered for accidental damaged. I had to claim for the same reason.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

Thanks I have got that Jotted down

Thanks for the quick response guys.

Not sure of cover or if there is an excess to pay. Wasn't thinking of screen replacement when upgrading. I will in future.

Topics: 530
Solutions: 11,157

There's no excess with the free insurance offer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)