Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEfaults

hope2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

my daugher has checked her credit file to see she has a default owing money this account dates back to 2014 she cant remeber her number at the time and ant secruity questions  or even what address it was registered to. How can she go about paying this bill

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I would contact the credit team at O2 to see if they can give you the details of the debt. They should be able to help further but I would imagine the debt was sold on to a collection agency so they would be the ones you would have to pay. At the very least they should be able to give you the name of the company to deal with now.

Once the debt has been paid she will need to contact Experian to put a note on her credit file that the debt has been settled.

The debt only stays on the credit file for 6 years so may well be removed naturally next year unless it's causing problems with a mortgage or another form of lending.

The big problem with O2 s that they are supposed to inform you if there is an outstanding amount to pay but often don't and simply add a default to the credit fie. We have had customers here having defaults for trivial amounts under £10.00

Contact details for the team at O2 are as follows:

Unfortunately the team are only contactable by email

CreditFileReferrals@o2.com
Credit File Referrals Team
Suite P
Arlington Business Centre
Leeds
LS11 0NE
Fax 0113 2025865

They are not the quickest to respond so expect anything up to 14 days for a reply.

Message 2 of 2