Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaints

sumbeam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am an 02 customer and have been for 10 years. I bought the latest phone for my sons 21st in 2019.I put it in his name and paid it from my account. The phone worked until Feb 2020, then, just before the covid crisis all incoming and outcoming calls and texts stopped. My son went to the store to ask what has happened? they said a bar had been put on but they would remove it as they were perplexed as to why? It was on. They agreed all bills were upto date. Then 2 weeks later at the start of the pandemic it went off again. I, who live miles from him, called up to see if they could fix it. They said they couldn't open the account as its his. I said OK so got him to call of a mates phone, they said they needed the bill payer and him to both be present. The next week I planned to go into the shop as requested by the advisor. Then the pandemic hit and we entered full lock down. My son was isolated and I had to get someone from the same town to post an old phone to him so he could have access to family and emergency numbers. For the whole of lockdown, i paid for a contract that was null and void. My son had to pay for a pay as you go phone. When restrictions were lifted we went to the store they said a bar was on and again it was lifted, we was told to wait 24hours but again nothing happened. After 6 month 4 visits and 6 months of payments for airtime service that doesnt exist... The matter still isn't sorted. This monday we again went to the Bolton store to ask it to be sorted. They said we have to wait 5 days but this time gave my son a new pay as you go simm with 15 pound credit. (Which was nice) however it doesn't make up for the worry during the 2 weeks he had no phone at all in lock down and the subsequent 6 months of payments for a pay as you go rubbish phone that he has paid and my payments on a furloughed wage. I am so angry with o2. I am paying this contract for 2 more years and up to now he just has a nice phone to look at. Really not worth the extortionate money and grief. I want a resolution to this.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@O2Georgina @O2Lucy 

Any help here please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

O2Lucy
Former Staff
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @MI5 I ll help with this.

signature
Message 3 of 5

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Hi @MI5 thanks for the tag, @sumbeam I'll send you a private message to look into this.

signature
Message 4 of 5

O2Lucy
Former Staff
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@sumbeam I've sent you a private message.

signature
Message 5 of 5