Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarity needed on process for Extra £100 when trading in current phone

DoctorJellybean
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I pre-ordered a Samsung Galaxy S10+ online, which was an upgrade for my then current phone. As it was a Click & Collect order, and the upgrade was on O2 as I £££ left on the device plan, I had to hand my old phone in at the store when I collected the new phone.

So, according to the Recycle web page, the old phone (Galaxy S8) is worth £170. With the extra £100 offer, it comes to £270.

My question is this: will O2 automatically process the trade in, or do I have to visit the Recycle page and do it manually? I'm asking because that page mentions sending the phone back by post, which I handed in to the store.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DoctorJellybean the money should be added  to your account automatically when it is processed, but call to customer services should be able to confirm for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@DoctorJellybean  You should speak to customer service https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus or the store you've designated as your collection point.

You should also be aware that O2 Recycle is notorious for not giving customers the full amount for what they say the phone is worth. If you search the forum you will find a lot of unhappy customers, saying that once O2 Recycle receive the phone they then say the screen is damaged, or there's water damage, and offer a minimal amount for the phone. If you're committed to sending it to O2 Recycle, I suggest you take pictures of the condition of the phone before you hand it in. If you have to send it by post, be sure to send it by registered post and get a receipt with a tracking number.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DoctorJellybean the money should be added  to your account automatically when it is processed, but call to customer services should be able to confirm for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3