Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from big bundle to sim only

richoman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do i go from a £10 bundle to a sim only contract?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @richoman 

Follow this advice after applying for a sim only contract.

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @richoman 

Follow this advice after applying for a sim only contract.

Fill in the keep my number form. You'll need your temporary Pay Monthly number from your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. We’ll transfer your number within one working day (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, excluding bank holidays). If we receive your code after 5pm, you’ll switch within two working days.

On the day of the switch, your Pay As You Go sim will lose signal. When this happens, put your Pay Monthly sim in your phone. If you don't have signal, switch your phone off and on every couple of hours until you get a signal. If you still don't have signal by 6pm, contact us.

Texts and picture messaging can take up to 24 hours to work after the switch.

If your Pay As You Go balance is under £350, it will be transferred to your Pay Monthly account when you receive your second bill. If you're entitled to a loyalty bonus, up to £550, we'll add credit to your fourth bill.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

richoman
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, so I order a sim only card then do what you posted when it arrives.

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@richoman 

Yes, bearing in mind you will probably have to undergo a credit check as you are moving to a contract.

When I moved from PAYG to Pay monthly, I actually did it all over the phone.

I know O2 have less staff currently but upgrades are working, so it may be a good idea to give them a call. Then it will all be done for you.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The number 0800 587 4005 seems to be the best one to try.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

richoman
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Didnt fancy ringing them so did it all on live chat, thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122808 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@richoman wrote:

Didnt fancy ringing them so did it all on live chat, thanks for your help.

Pleased you are sorted @richoman 

Also you were lucky to find live chat, although they normally pop up in the shop area when browsing that. thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6