cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing an Extra before it is activated?

walkintheboogie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there

I recently got another SIM only deal and select the Disney+ Extra, which is free for 6 months. I haven't activated it yet.

If I cancel it prior to activation, can I select a different extra and still get the free 6 months on that extra instead, once that is extra activated?

Many thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Theoretically yes but to be honest it would depend how long the extra has been showing on your account

If it has been sat there a long while it may not trigger the auto selection link again

If so

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this
or give them a call on 202  or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 5

walkintheboogie
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your reply and help.

It's only been there since Thursday, which isn't that long. I will cancel it.

Message 3 of 5

walkintheboogie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It turns out I cannot cancel the extra as they need to send me a code over SMS but my sim card seems to have broken this evening.

This is due to an issue with my old phone that is on it's way out and decided tonight it wouldn't let me put my sim and external Micro SD Card back in. Whilst trying to get the holder down I think the SIM card must have got damaged.

I will pop into the O2 Shop tomorrow and discuss.

I can't even set up an eSim as it needs to send an SMS. It can do that but I can't receive it.

Good job I switched phones to a new one.

Message 4 of 5

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@walkintheboogie When you go to the shop, make sure you have Photo ID

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 5