cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of email address issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good evening,

I'm trying to change my email address but cannot seem to find any obvious place to do it.  I've changed my username/login to my new email address but I'm still receiving my emails to my old address.  I've tried live chat but it seems that I manage to connect, sometimes I even get a 'Hi how can I help?' message, and then a 'chat not initialised' error is displayed and that's the end of that.

I understand that the email address forms part of your account, but if I can get someone to change it on my behalf, which is what seems to be the case based on stuff I've read on other forums, then why not make this function available to us?

Perhaps I'm just missing the obvious.  Can I change it via the website? I am currently unable to ring, so this is getting a bit frustrating.

Any help anyone can give will be appreciated.

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions

Maybe if you PM @Toby our community co-ordinator, he might be able to assist you.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe you can do this via your myo2.
Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Similar thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/email/m-p/705749#M71760

Edit : if all else fails circumvent Live Chat and have a chat with Cs via telephone.

202 contract.
4445 payg
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought so too, but if this is the case it's not obvious.  I can change my contact number, as well as my username, password and security question, but I can't find anywhere to update my contact email address.  I have changed my username, and can login with this new email address, but I'm still getting emails to my old acount.

Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

if all else fails as I say circumvent Live Chat and have a chat with Cs via telephone.

202 contract.
4445 payg
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not ideal right now unfortunately, as I am unable to use my mobile owing to work.  I may not be able to for a few months due to the work I do.  I'm just trying to sort out some stuff as my old email account has been subject to some abuse, which I'm trying to move on from.  It's a shame it seems to be so difficult to do a simple action.

Message 6 of 31

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Whilst I appreciate you have said you can't call at the moment I think that is your only choice at the moment if live chat continues to fail for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have looked in myo2 both in the Android app and also the link to the Web page and I can't see how to change any account details via myo2.
Message 8 of 31

MI5
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions

Maybe if you PM @Toby our community co-ordinator, he might be able to assist you.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 31

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6964 Solutions

You used to be able to change it via My O2 but that option has now disappeared since they updated the pages.

Message 10 of 31