Did you mean: 

Carrying old number

NickJag
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I've purchased a phone and O2 package from affordablemobiles.co.uk with cattying my existing number to O2 option, I even provided PAC number during purchase.

However, I received a new sim with a new number. My old number still operates in previous provider.

I tried to call them, but wasn't able to reach anyone. Any help here?

Thanks,

Nick

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@NickJag 

Submit the form from here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number but nothing happens over the weekend.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@NickJag 

Submit the form from here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number but nothing happens over the weekend.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Apparently so.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

NickJag
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I did and provided that during purchase. However, I did the purchase at affordablemobiles web site. If I fill the form again here, will O2 be able to carry my package to my existing number?

In that case, first I'll fill the form and wait for O2 to carry my old number

And then make another request to transfer the package to my old number

Am I right?

Thanks,

Nick

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@NickJag 

Porting your number in maintains your package / tariff that you signed up for so there's no need to do anything else once your number has been ported.

It seems just lately that they don't port any numbers until the device has been received so providing PAC upfront is pointless.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

NickJag
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for your help.

They were able to move my old number to O2 and include my current tariff as well.

You put which number you want to carry and which number you want to use from now on in the form.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Good to hear thumbsup

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8