Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make outgoing calls or take incoming calls

Billie_Williams
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi can I please have some help with my contact. I have recently change my contact to my own from my mother's contract. And the mobile number I wished to keep haven't transferred through properly. I am able to send and receive text message but can't make any outgoing calls or receiving incoming calls can I have someone help me as I have important phone calls to make.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 2 of 9

betharton
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had a similar issue. I have received my new iPhone 12 today with a new SIM card and a new number (I do not wish to transfer my old one). Everything works and I can send and receive texts but I cannot make or receive calls it just keeps saying call failed either when I try or someone else does. Can someone please help resolve this problem as I have been trying for 7 hours. 

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122900 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Billie_Williams 

See here https://downdetector.co.uk/status/o2/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

JJOY
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also experiencing the same with the iPhone 12 Pro Max which arrived today. I have two separate contracts and I don’t want to merge sims/devices or numbers. I want to use one as personal. And one for work. 

Message 5 of 9

JJOY
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same here. And it also arrived today. Pro max 12

Message 6 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

GraemeG
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a similar problem.  Yesterday my number on an O2 business account was transferred to my O2 personal account.  It appears that the transfer only partially completed.  

The number is listed on the O2 app replacing the temporary one.   I can access the internet on the cellular network and sene/receive iMessages.

I cannot make or receive voice calls.  Nor send/receive texts to/from Android devices.

According to an O2 shop assistant and an O2 live chat agent, there was an O2 wide issue with voice transfers yesterday.   

I have done the usual switch off/on as suggested.  No success yet.

Hopefully O2 restore service soon

Message 8 of 9

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi everyone @Billie_Williams @GraemeG @JJOY @jonsie @Cleoriff 

The issue should be fully resolved now. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact customer services who will be able to help with your individual query 🙂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9