Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive texts from O2 SIM cards in Ireland

jaa0101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently living in Ireland, and for the past month I haven't been able to receive texts from O2 (or Tesco Mobile) numbers.

Here's what I know:

• I can make and recieve phone calls without issue
  • The person sending the text is charged
  • My network in Ireland says that the messages aren't hitting their server at all - and there's nothing there that they can investigate.
  • I CAN receive messages from people with Three UK and EE SIM cards.

To me, this looks like an O2 problem.

But I'm getting absolutely nowhere with tech support who keep on asking me the same questions over and over when I DO manage to talk to them (I missed a call earlier and the voicemail said they'd call back in 2 DAYS). And that's after several runs through the 'have you tried switching your phone off and on again' routine.
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It sounds as if it may be a sim card issue @jaa0101 Try removing the sim, cleaniing it with a soft cloth , reinsert and reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work you may need a new sim. Easiest way is to pop into an O2 store and get one ...though you can order online.

I doubt it's network failure as you are able to get texts and calls

You could also try your sim in another phone if possible and see if they have the same problem. If that happens then it's probably a fault on your phone.

Here's a network status checker just in case you want to test it https://status.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

It sounds as if it may be a sim card issue @jaa0101 Try removing the sim, cleaniing it with a soft cloth , reinsert and reboot the phone.

If that doesn't work you may need a new sim. Easiest way is to pop into an O2 store and get one ...though you can order online.

You could also try your sim in another phone if possible and see if they have the same problem. If that happens then it's probably a fault on your phone.

Here's a network status checker just in case you want to test it https://status.o2.co.uk/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@jaa0101 We are all customers here, so there's little we can do. Have you checked your message settings to see if you may have accidentally blocked O2 UK messages? The only other thing I can think of is to try a new sim card. Maybe someone else has an idea, but that's all I can think of.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

jaa0101
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Whose SIM card are you talking about? The four separate ones which all functioned perfectly well up til a month ago? Or my Irish one that is receiving all the messages that my network is sending to it?

@Cleoriff wrote:

Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@jaa0101 Which sim are you having the problem with?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

jaa0101
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm not.

I'm having trouble with receiving texts from a range of O2/ Tesco Mobile phones.

I can receive texts from ALL other networks. NONE from O2/ Tesco Mobile.
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jaa0101As you failed to mention you had more than one sim card I wasn't aware of it.

So apologies if my advice wasn't useful but it was all I could think of on the information I was given.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Just to add...there is a network self help thread here which may or may not help you @jaa0101

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-can-I-sort-out-my-network-issues/ba-p/1014088

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

jaa0101
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is pointless. If you're not going to bother reading the first post then don't bother replying.

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Sorry for further questions but I'm not clear which network you are using @jaa0101 ?

Is is an O2 sim which you are roaming with or an Irish network?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12