cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send text from desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am old and arthritic and can't use the tiny keyboard on my phone.

So I want to send SMS from my O2 number using a regular computer with a proper keyboard.

Here's a screen shot of the page in the O2 web site where you do this:

2016-03-11 13-24-04 Accessing and using Send Text - Support - O2 - Mozilla Firefox.png

Why does the link not work?

Is there somewhere else I can do this?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately web texts are no longer supported via the O2 website unless you are pay monthly and download the TuGo app.

You can download an app to your phone and PC to send texts using your phone allowances on your PC.

Two here..

http://www.mysms.com/apps

https://mightytext.net/install

you need the corresponding apps on your phone from the play store.

Message 2 of 14

Tofolo_1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Remember TU Go also works as a web page rather than haaving to "download" it. (need to use Chrome or Firefox - Not MS Browsers).

https://explore.tu.com/en/tu-go-web/#follow_steps

Means you can use on most computers and done need to worry about downloading stuff - good for public computers in care's etc. and if you have a Mac then there is no download program then the web version is the best option... 

Message 3 of 14

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Public computers? I wouldn't put TuGo login details on a public computer, or any login details for any site I visit for that matter. Not a good idea.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help.

I just tried to register for the web version of TuGo.

Three strikes and I was out!

I'll try again tomorrow, but people have told me it can take weeks to register TuGo.

What is the issue with it?

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It seems it either works or it doesn't and can be really temperamental for some.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried 3 times each day since last week, still no result. I will go into the O2 shop tomorrow and ask them to do it. It's a mystery, don't they know this is a problem?

Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

In O2 shop, the manager could not register my number with TuGo. He registered his own number in front of me. His number is a personal Pay Monthly account. Mine is a business account. Is this the problem?

Message 8 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

In O2 shop, the manager could not register my number with TuGo. He registered his own number in front of me. His number is a personal Pay Monthly account. Mine is a business account. Is this the problem?

It could be the problem @Anonymous. Personally I have limited knowledge re TuGo. I know @jonsie has offered advice before. If he is around he may be able to help again. If not I will ask @Toby to report this to the TuGO team...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 14

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

At this stage you really need to speak to your business manager on 8002 so they can reset your TuGo account. There should be no more difficulty installing and registering TuGo on a business or consumer account.

If it's purely a matter of texting from your PC i would recommend one of the apps I referred to earlier.

Message 10 of 14