Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Use Disney+ On A Smart TV?

steamship
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just upgraded my O2 contract and it's offering 6 months of Disney+ access. Since I've never had Disney+ or any of the other streaming facilities available, this is all new to me.

Is it possible to watch Disney+ on a Smart TV? Specifically, it's a LG TV, or am I restricted to accessing it only on my Android phone?

It's free for six months, so may as well use it, but if I'm limited to a phone screen, I won't even bother.

I should also say that I'm on the 2GB plan, so if I was to switch on the phones Wi-Fi and use my home router, would that stop the data from my 2GB plan being used?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@steamship 

I have an LG TV too and the Disney app is available to download from the content store. 

Just login with your details to watch it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@steamship 

I have an LG TV too and the Disney app is available to download from the content store. 

Just login with your details to watch it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The TV would depend if you have Disney availability on Sky or programmed in. I watch it through an Amazon Firestick on the TV

Use wifi when possible and switch off mobile data when watching Disney + on your phone or PC or tablet.

Message 3 of 4

steamship
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5. Only ever use the TV for Blurays, DVDs and YouTube, so surprised at what is available. Eventually found the Disney+ app on the LG store and have installed it. Logged in fine, but not watched anything yet.

It's a pity that the movies don't have release dates on them, or ordered by date, as I'll have to look them up on IMDB to find the right order (Iron Man, Iron Man 2 & Iron Man 3 are easy) in which to watch them.

Message 4 of 4