cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I check whether I've used my O2 travel today?

Alarmclockmon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm currently on holiday and have the o2 travel add-on for when I need to use data. However, I'm not planning to use it every day and to my knowledge it only gets activated per day once you actually use data. Today I'm not sure whether my phone has connected to mobile data or not, and I'd like to find out so I can decide whether I keep my data turned off or just use it if its already activated. It doesn't seem like there is a o2 chat help function so not sure if anyone can hell with this, otherwise I'd like o2 to know this would be a useful feature!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Before O2's Roam Like Home in EU countries, I used to get an SMS that said "Welcome to Ireland" if my phone roamed (I live near the UK border with Ireland). At that point, if I enabled data, received a call or sent a text, the charge was automatically triggered, and I got a second SMS advising me I had just been charged 4.99 (or whatever). 

I guess you can check in your MyO2 to see if you have been charged for roaming in the country in which you are holidaying.  You will need a WiFi signal to check without having to enable data though, catch-22. 😳

Disable voicemail, data roaming and set updates to "on WiFi only" and you *should* be safe and in control. 

Info on ways to keep costs down when Roaming here if you need them: 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/using-your-phone-abroad#qs

Good luck, @Alarmclockmon, and animated-welcome-image-0033.gif

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
In short, no you can't (even your MyO2 could take 24 hours to register your charges) so the safest way is to assume you have if your data is on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3