cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying for friend.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to purchase pay and go mobile broadband starter kit for someone else? Online it requires billing card address to be same as delivery address. Basically my friend is out of work and skint atm and i wanna help by getting them internet access to look for job and email etc. If i get it myself it'll all be in my details. Anyone know of a way round it?? Proving difficult to just help them out 😕
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why would there be a way around it? It would make fraud easy if you think about it.
Normally I would caution against buying anything for someone else in your name, but with a MBB starter kit you should be ok as once the inclusive data is used up it becomes payg, so no bills for you to worry about.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't want it in my name just wanna pay for it for them!
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why does it matter?
O2 cannot simply accept an apparently random card payment for a device that is intended for someone else entirely.
If you suddenly got a card statement with a payment to o2 on it that you knew nothing about, I'm sure you would be extremely concerned how it could happen? That is why.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's for pay and go and i would know. No need to be rude and stroppy!
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86972 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5123 Solutions
Does this help?
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... ADBAND.htm
Delivery not possible but you could always send it registered mail.
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, that's very helpful Steve!
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 86972 Posts
  • 594 Topics
  • 5123 Solutions
Hope you get it sorted, it's a very nice gesture to help someone back into work. Really nice of you. slight_smile
2020-Awards-jonsie5695219-2

O2 Social Media

SM IconsTwitter

Instagram

Facebook

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you would, but how is o2 supposed to know whether it's a stolen card or not? The reason payment and delivery addresses need to match is to try to protect the cardholder against card fraud.
Also, I asked the question so that I would understand more and maybe help more effectively. Steve has given you a good alternative but it's not quite what you were asking for, I was asking the question why it's a problem to see if there was another way, the more you know about a problem the better you can help. I am dismayed by your response and won't bother you again.
Message 9 of 10

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Nobody is being rude or stroppy, if you want to buy from the O2 online shop those are the rules, as Steve has pointed out you have other options and can buy these in many other places.
If your credit or debit card were to be used fraudulently you wouldn't know about it until afterwards.
These safeguards are in place to protect you.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 10