Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Products and Services

Anonymous

Business Web Bolt on pre 24.6.10 - how much data?

Hi, I have had a look through all of the o2 site and cannot find any historical tariff info. We have Data Bolt ons at £6.38 that we added last year and I cannot remember if the usage allowed is 200mb or 500mb... does anyone else know... or does o2 read these forums, can they help?
thanks
ron
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

[ Edited ]
o2 do not read but pre june 2010 I thought the business were unlimited web boltons.

I will try and link to pre june 2010 tariff t&c later.

from http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/ ... andboltons business 2008 tariff

Web Bolt On Terms
The Web Bolt On allows you unlimited use of O2 UK’s Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for internet use via your mobile phone. An excessive usage policy operates and no customer may use their SIM Card:
in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (VoIP), P2P or file sharing; or
in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
If O2 reasonably suspects any customer is not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce their speed of transmission, remove the Web Bolt On or disconnect their plan from an individual SIM card or all SIM cards contracted to you at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
For customers connecting, upgrading to or adding additional connections to these tariffs and Bolt Ons after 24 June 2010 the following terms will apply in place of those in paragraph 1 above:
The Web Bolt On allows you use of our data network via your mobile phone (internet capable phones only). The Bolt On includes a specified monthly data allowance. If you exceed the Bolt On’s monthly allowance or breach these terms, we reserve the right to:
impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed;
remove the Bolt On from your account;
impose further charges; and/or
disconnect your sim card at any time, having attempted to contact you first.
All data usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. Regardless of the amount of data you use, you must not use your sim:
in, or connected to, any device other than the one which it was supplied with or intended by us for use with (for example a mobile phone sim only tariff sim is intended for use in a mobile phone not a modem. This includes putting your sim into a modem, modem usage or internet tethering on your device unless stated); or
in such a way that we reasonably believe adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.
We reserve the right to use appropriate traffic shaping or throttling measures to protect our network from types of data usage which we think might impact on levels of service for customers at specific times of day and/or in specific locations.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

I believe all tariffs pre 24 June 10' are unlimited.
Anonymous

Hi both, thanks for your help. I know O2 say they are unlimited but they do have a fair usage to stop abuse of there service i suppose. I have conflicting info of 500mb and 200mb, and the T&C's are very helpful, thanks for finding those for me, and they do mention fair usage but alas do not state what that is.

The usage is unlimited on the old tariffs unless you broke the t&c about affecting other users ie streaming tethering etc if normal use some have posted in the iphone thread 6gb a month. unless you get a warning text/ letter do not worry but as the payg fup is 500mb now I would have thought that the business tariffs would be that or higher untill the data caps come in.
Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

re data allowance

be warned just spoken to bcs and it seems the goal posts have moved since I did a mid term upgrade all old tariffs will be subject to a 500mb cap from October 1st. I am deeply unhappy about this but it seems that nothing can be done. My contract exp ires next June, I'm on medium business frequent and I will have to look at my options then. This seems to apply to all business users. So all mid term upgraders who think they have unlimited data on iphone4 until next year be warned you don't.

Re: re data allowance

be warned just spoken to bcs and it seems the goal posts have moved since I did a mid term upgrade all old tariffs will be subject to a 500mb cap from October 1st. I am deeply unhappy about this but it seems that nothing can be done. My contract exp ires next June, I'm on medium business frequent and I will have to look at my options then. This seems to apply to all business users. So all mid term upgraders who think they have unlimited data on iphone4 until next year be warned you don't.

See this post according to the join-in survey it is still unlimited.
viewtopic.php?t=50849&highlight=

I can confirm that as I took part it was made clear unlimited applies to all pre 24th june tariffs
Apple Watch series 4

Anonymous

Not according to 4 advisers and a manager today in bcs.
Anonymous

Unfortunatly I think they have done the same as what happened with the non geographical number fiasco a few years ago. I already pay them 75 pounds a month inc insurance, and because I use on average 650mb a month I am going to have to buy a data bolt on in October despite the online iPhone 4 business upgrade faqs being different. That's life I guess, I will have to review my options next June.
Anonymous

Apologies to everyone it seems it is unlimited until the end of your contract just confusion at bcs made me think otherwise. Apologies to everyone again.