Boostbox setup

JulianMobile
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Thanks to anyone that can help.

I have poor reception in my basement, it was ok, but its just too unreliable now.

I have tried to set up wifi calling, but my phone, while it says it does wifi calling online, does not have O2 firmware, as I bought it independently, and so that is not an option, unfortunately.

So, I looked online at the information about a Boostbox, the only other solution:

Boostbox guide | Help & Support | O2

and so I bought a Boostbox.

The support pages say to call 202 to add someone and I spent over an hour on hold today, trying to do that.

The support pages also list the requirements for a Boostbox to work as:

"Your broadband must have an upload speed of at least 300Kbps (0.3Mbps) and a download speed of at least 2Mpbs."

Noticeably, despite what I was told before, the requirement to have a business account is not listed as a requirement on O2's website at all.

So, I have fulfilled all the requirements that O2 has listed on their website.

The Boostbox does seem to be working, now that I have made adjustments to my Router firewall rules to allow the traffic it needs through. The Boostbox has white lights, where they are needed.

I need to add my phone number to the box to get it working, I can't get hold of anyone when calling 202, does anyone have any idea how to get this working please?

Is there a number perhaps to get straight through to Boostbox to ask them to do what the O2 website says they will do if I call 202?

I have all the serial numbers and details for the Boostbox and the O2 numbers I would like to add, just no one to tell them to!

I would be very grateful for any help at all please.

Regards,

Julian

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7847 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

It is quite bizarre that this gadget is for business customers only but the webpage does not mention this :-

Boostbox guide | Help & Support | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/boostbox-guide?osr=signalbooster

And the fact that in two places it mentions "home" makes it even more misleading. 

Message 21 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147414 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

I guess because lots of people run businesses from or work from home too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 22 of 24

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7847 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@MI5 

My recent experience is that O2 will not accept folks who work from home as business customers. 

I accept that folks do run businesses from home, which is considered to be a different situation.

Nevertheless, I still believe that the page is open to misinterpretation. 

Message 23 of 24

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147414 Posts
  • 637 Topics
  • 28316 Solutions

It's quite simple.

Business accounts only, no matter where you work from.

You said it was confusing because it mentions home.

My point is that many run businesses from home so wording is fine.

It actually states home/office.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 24 of 24