Did you mean: 

Bolt On Issue / Roaming

philsp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I was trying to add a 'O2 Travel Bolt' as I am traveling to Turkey on Friday. It states 'free to add' and will just charge as and when used on daily basis, etc...

I already have (as a Volt monthly customer) the 'Europe Zone Bolt' and the 'Inclusice Zone Bolt' without charges/included.

But! When I continue with the 'O2 Travel Bolt' it says this 'isnt compatible with the standard rates in our Europe Zone Bolt on you already have. If you continue your existing bolt on will be removed'

I think I'm right after research, that to use my phone in Turkey, I need the 'Travel Bolt' but I'm now totally confused that it's asking me to remove anothe bolt.

Anyone come across this before? Should I just add the Travel Bolt and do away with the 'Europe Zone'?

Just thought I'd try the community first 👍

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@philsp 

Turkey is not in the EU so if you are with O2 you will need O2 TRAVEL at £6.00 per day (when you use it)

Pay Monthly countries for O2 Travel.

The following countries are included in O2 Travel at £6 a day.

Albania, Anguilla, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Columbia, Cost Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Montserrat, Myanmar, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Kitts & Nevis, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turks & Caicos islands, UAE, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela, Yemen, Zambia.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad 

How do I get O2 Travel?

If you've got a Pay Monthly sim, text O2TRAVELto 23336. (Not available for PAYG)

It can take up to 24 hours for O2 Travel to be applied to your account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@philsp 

It's a pointless message as EU roaming is free now anyway, so no bolt on required.

Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Guide: Roaming in Turkey and Cyprus 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@philsp 

Turkey is not in the EU so if you are with O2 you will need O2 TRAVEL at £6.00 per day (when you use it)

Pay Monthly countries for O2 Travel.

The following countries are included in O2 Travel at £6 a day.

Albania, Anguilla, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Bermuda, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Chile, China, Columbia, Cost Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Jamaica, Japan, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mexico, Moldova, Montenegro, Montserrat, Myanmar, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St Kitts & Nevis, St Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, Thailand, Trinidad & Tobago, Turkey, Turks & Caicos islands, UAE, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela, Yemen, Zambia.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad 

How do I get O2 Travel?

If you've got a Pay Monthly sim, text O2TRAVELto 23336. (Not available for PAYG)

It can take up to 24 hours for O2 Travel to be applied to your account.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

philsp
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks - I've given this a go - just not sure what it will do with the other bolt on that it said isn't compatible 🤷‍♂️

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@philsp 

The only Bolt On which is relevant to you travelling to Turkey is O2 Travel.

Turkey isn't included in O2 Travel Inclusive nor the Europe Zone (it is in Europe but not part of the EU)

If you use Wifi as much as you can then you will only be charged for the days you use O2 Travel.

Have a great holiday. 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

philsp
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you 😀

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff