Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking unwanted +224 numbers

NatNat87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I keep getting phone calls every 2-10 minutes, it is all day everyday! Is there a way to block all unknown numbers. Other option is to change my number.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2 

I'm tagging you into this thread just in case you are unaware of this recent issue. So many people have posted about these calls over the weekend.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 19

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Marjo @EmilieT @Martin-O2 

I'm tagging you into this thread just in case you are unaware of this recent issue. So many people have posted about these calls over the weekend.

Good thinking....

Message 12 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Thanks for the mention on this one @Cleoriff slight_smile

@NatNat87 @Beth12 @ChrisH @Wendy21 @Sass I'm really sorry to hear you're getting some unwanted calls. I've just checked on my end and can confirm that we are aware of this and are currently investigating it. We advise everyone not to answer or call any unknown international numbers: please report spam callers by texting CALL to 7726 and we'll respond by asking for the number calling you. You might also want to block the number by using the settings on your phone. 

Hope this helps!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 19

Sass
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks but whilst I would love to report/block the 'number' it is flippin impossible unless i report the 50 plus numbers that have been calling every 10 mins for 48 hours now!!!!!!! All start with 224 but are all different for the rest of number! I was told by an o2 chap yesterday to give all the details to the police!!! Its no wonder we have a police shortage if the only thing i can do is report 50 plus call numbers for the police department to investigate!!!! Nightmare! 

Message 14 of 19

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25020 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I`ve had a look at website which traces spam calls - https://spamcalls.net/gb-en/ - which gives a list of some of the +442 numbers from Africa received in the UK.

It is advisable to block calls received from any of these numbers and report them as @EmilieT mentioned.

DO NOT REPLY TO MISCALLS FROM ANY OF THESE NUMBERS... as you may well be charged extortionate amount.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 19

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As said, it's impossible and time consuming to report all the numbers and more than likely a complete waste of time. As I say, use the phone settings to block ALL numbers not in your contacts for a few days. These scammers will soon give up and move on. 

Message 16 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not sure this should be in Off Topic?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 19

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Probably discussions and feedback.
There's no solution until O2 figure out how to reapply their spam filters.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 19

Heatherk
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since Thursday last week I have had 53 calls from +224, all night as well they are using about 5 different numbers my phone blocker hasn't blocked them so down loaded Mr number it seemed to do the trick, I have been charged £1.67 for a one min call to them its a robot on the other end, all it said was before I hung up is someone is trying to contact you, once all there numbers seemed to have been blocked its now starting again with Bolivia coming up from the number have put this into mr number and it seems its blocked that too,
Another scam going on to is 020 number scam about an iPhone upgrade from carphone warehouse they do not work from carphone warehouse trying to obtain card details they have a million numbers as well,
Try Mr number from Google play it seems to be working so far
Message 19 of 19